Useeme Bicycle Indicator wristbands are pretty simple to use, but there are some important things you should know about. Please read this page thoroughly.
Video manual is coming soon.
Try at home first
Before using your bike turn signal wristbands in traffic, try them out at home. Make a couple of hand signals with both hands to get a feel of how they work.
How to wear Useeme Bicycle Indicator Wristbands
Check the logo on the wristband to determine which hand to put it on.
The logo with a left pointing arrow goes on your left hand, right pointing arrow goes on your right hand.
Wear the wristbands like a watch, exactly on the wrists and not higher up your hand.
Turning on and off
1 x short press = normal mode
The wristbands flash when they detect a hand signal.
2 x short press = emergency mode
The wristbands will flash continuously.
1 x long press = turn off
The LEDs will light up and fade out.
Just use the same old hand signals you always used.
Swing your hand out to the side while keeping your arm extended - the wristbands start to flash.
Put your hand back on the handle to make the flashing stop.
How to make sure your hand signals are detected
- Move your hand in an arc. Swing it away from the handlebar into the position on your side while keeping your hand extended. Don't pull your hand in and then stick it out again to the side.
- Keep your hand in a 45 degree angle to your body, no need to lift it up very high.
- Make sure your hand movements have a certain speed. Don’t do them very slowly, but also not extremely fast. Very fast or very slow might be misinterpreted by the hand signal detection algorithm.
- If your hand signals are not detected properly, try twisting your hand outwards just a little bit while indicating - this greatly helps the sensors pick up the movement.
- Make sure you didn't mix up left and right wristbands.
Stop accidental flashing
To stop any unintentional flashing, simply lift your hand a bit and hit the bike handle. Flashing will stop instantly as you can see on the video.
Checking battery status
The battery indicator LED will tell you how much juice is left in the batteries.
The box includes a double headed micro USB charging cable but you can use other micro USB cables as well. See the photo captions for detailed instructions.
Important safety precautions
Use bike lights
Useeme Bike Turn Signal Wristbands should always be used together with bike lights, especially when riding in the dark. Make sure you have a front facing white light and a rear facing red light. We recommend using steady lights instead of flashing lights. The brighter the better!
Always look around
While Useeme makes your hand signals extremely visible, a hand signal is not always enough to keep you safe. Make sure you look around and behind you before turning or changing lanes.
Wear a helmet
Whenever possible, please wear a helmet. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
Questions? Get in touch.
If you have any questions at all regarding the use of Useeme Bike Turn Signal Wristbands, please don't hesitate to get in touch. We're always happy to advise and help.
Click the button to see our contact details.